Tuesday, October 15, 2013

White Chicken Chili


Blaming the changing of seasons, I've been on a chili kick lately. I could probably eat it 4 out of the 7 days a week, but if I don't disguise it every once in awhile, my family will kick me out of the kitchen. I had heard of white chicken chili before. I had even been at a gathering where it was served but opted for the traditional recipe instead. After trying this, I'm kind of sad that I've missed out all these years! You will need:

4-5 frozen chicken tenders
1 cup green salsa verde
1 can white beans
1 can corn
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup cheese (I used monterey jack)
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Put everything in the crockpot except for the cheese and set it on low. Cook for about 6-8 hours. Shred your chicken once it is cooked through. 15 minutes before you're ready to serve, add your cheese and let it melt into the chili. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! 



Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment