Monday, October 21, 2013

Tavern Style Crockpot Pot Roast


























You could probably put "tavern style" before any food and I would automatically just assume that it tastes better. That's why I cheated a little with this pot roast. I was cruising the grocery store aisles and saw this Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauce in the form of Tavern Style Pot Roast. "Just Add Beef" it says. Anyone who knows what a good pot roast tastes like, knows that it's going to take more than beef, but the sauce itself sounded promising. 




Ingredients:

Beef roast of some kind, 2-3 lb
Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauce-tavern style pot roast
2 stalks of celery
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks

Add all of these ingredients to the crockpot, saving the sauce for last to pour over the top. Set your crockpot to low for 8 hours and when you return, you will have a delicious pot roast supper waiting for you. I'm not saying that I'll never use my traditional method of cooking a pot roast again, but this Campbell's sauce won me over! It's seasoned just right so that no other sauces or spices are required. It is literally ready to go with very little effort on your part. Enjoy! 

Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment