Monday, November 25, 2013

Oven Beer Can Chicken


Thanksgiving is in a few days so what better time to practice baking a bird? I've made "rotisserie style" oven baked chicken in the past but when I found Weber's Beer Can Chicken seasoning the other day, I was intrigued. I've never actually had Beer Can Chicken but being raised in the part of the country I was, there's nothing about those three words combined that sound bad together. Here's what you'll need:

Whole chicken (mine was a little over 4 lbs)
Weber Beer Can Chicken seasoning (I found it at Walmart)
Paprika 
4 tbsp melted butter 

Wash and prepare your chicken. Place it in a greased oven-safe baking dish and pour melted butter over the top. Be sure and brush it around to cover the entire chicken. Next sprinkle a layer of paprika (I love the color it gives the chicken) and then a layer of Beer Can Chicken seasoning. Pop it in your preheated 350 degree oven and bake until thermometer reads 165. That was about 2 hours for mine. Oven times may vary so after an hour and a half I'd check it to be on the safe side. That's all there is to it. Carve it up and serve it. It's tender, juicy and delicious and makes me want Thanksgiving Thursday to speed up its arrival time. Enjoy! 
Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment