Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Beef Stir Fry


My husband picked stir fry for his birthday dinner. He's usually the one that makes stir fry in our house so I told him that he would have to make it so I wouldn't ruin it...and he believed me! I have my moments but I'd never make him cook his own birthday dinner. Well, needless to say, when he returned home from work the stir fry was waiting for him. I think I did pretty well for my first try. Well enough to share the recipe with you... 

1-2 lbs beef flank steak, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of broccoli, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp ginger paste
salt and pepper to taste

First, boil your broccoli. You'll want it to be just barely fork tender. Saute your green pepper and onion in a skillet with the worcestershire sauce, ginger and garlic. In another skillet, heat your olive oil on medium and brown your steak on both sides. It won't be completely cooked through but you don't want that. Flank steak tends to get really tough the longer it cooks. Last, combine your flank steak, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and broccoli into one skillet (preferably a wok if you own one) and add the soy sauce and any salt and pepper you want. Cook for about 10 minutes until steak is cooked through. Serve over rice or asian noodles.

Enjoy! 




Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment