Sunday, November 3, 2013

Crockpot Pepper Steak


I've got chocolate chip cookies baking right now that I can only hope will rival this delicious supper from tonight. Pepper steak is another new meal for me...I had never eaten nor cooked it but I love steak and peppers so why not? I started out following a recipe but had definitely made it my own by the time we sat down to eat it. You'll need:

1 pack of stir fry beef (1.5-2 lbs)
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper 
*I liked the color variation but you can use all one color if you prefer.
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes with onion, celery & green pepper added
1 package of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix
3 tbsp corn starch 
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups whole wheat egg noodles
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp ginger paste 
1/2 cup beef broth 
1/2 cup sugar (I used a no-calorie artificial sweetener) 

Put meat into the crockpot. Mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and onions together. Pour over the meat. Cut up all your peppers and add it to the crockpot as well. (If you prefer really crunchy peppers then wait to add them an hour prior to serving.) Pour in your beef broth and season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4 hours. After 4 hours pour in diced tomatoes and stir in soup mix and cornstarch. This will thicken the sauce.
Boil pasta until done and add it to the crockpot. Set to warmer for another 30 minutes and enjoy a hot, satisfying meal!



Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment