Friday, September 27, 2013

Banana Oat Pancakes

If I told you that pancakes could be guilt free, would you believe me? They're so guilt free in fact, that you can even sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top and wouldn't even have to adjust your belt notch. Behold this beauty...


I was never a fan of regular pancakes, but on my healthy eating quest, egg whites and turkey bacon could only suffice for so long. One bite is all it took to find these on my breakfast plate 4-5 days a week! Don't like bananas and/or oatmeal? The banana taste is so subtle that a good coating of butter and syrup drowns it out and you'll never even know that there's oatmeal in it. Now, this is a simple process, barely requiring more effort than a regular pancake. 

1/2 banana
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup dry oatmeal 

Blend all 3 ingredients together. (I use a Ninja food processor but a regular blender would do the trick.) Pour the mixture into a well-greased skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. This method makes 1 normal sized pancake. Double, triple or quadruple the above recipe to meet your needs. This passed the taste test of a 1 year old with flying colors. My husband doesn't like pancakes but I made him try a bite and he said it was very good and unfortunately my 7 year old won't touch them because I made the mistake of making him a double chocolate chocolate chip pancake and he's had tunnel vision ever since. Feel free to adorn with fruit or toppings of your choice and enjoy! 

Pin it

No comments:

Post a Comment